Chemical Guys Luber 16oz | Synthetic Clay Bar Lubricant Spray
Why Buy This Product?
- Luber glides the clay bar over paintwork
- Increases lubricity and reduces friction
- Lubricates the surface so the clay bar doesn’t stick
- Works with any traditional clay bar or synthetic rubber clay mitt or clay block
- Formulated with synthetic wetting agents and slick lubricants
- Non-caustic formula helps extend the life and effectiveness of your clay bar or clay block
- Safe to use on and around any exterior paintwork, glass, clear plastic, polished metal, or rubber parts
How It Works
Chemical Guys Clay Luber is the only clay bar spray you will ever need. The clay bar has long been the “detailer’s secret” for restoring smooth-as-glass feel to the paintwork on any vehicle—but now the secret is out, and Chemical Guys can show you how to get the same results! As you drive your car around town, things like paint overspray, brake dust, pollution, and industrial contamination land on the paintwork and get stuck in the tiny pores of the surface. The clay bar works by grabbing onto any contamination that sticks onto the surface of your vehicle, then pulls it out as you rub the clay across the paintwork. The Clay Bar Service is a vital step before polishing paint with an abrasive compound, or spreading a coat of wax over the finish. But to help it glide across the surface without getting stuck or marring the glossy shine, you need a lubricant. This is where Clay Luber comes into play: simply mist Clay Luber over the surface to lay down a coat of slick lubrication between the clay bar and your paintwork. Now as the clay bar grabs onto the above-surface contamination stuck on top of the paint, it won’t get stuck to or mar the painted finish. Chemical Guys Clay Luber helps facilitate the best clay bar technique over any exterior surface that is shiny or clear. Use Clay Luber whenever detailing paintwork, glass, clear plastic headlights and tail lights, or polished metal parts with any decontamination clay tool. Old school detailers used to use soap and water with their clay bars, but found the mixture dissolving their clay bars and leaving bits of it all over the cars they detailed. Clay Luber is gentle enough for use on the finest natural detail clay bars, and helps preserve the integrity of the elastic polymer bar. The pure-synthetic Clay Luber formula is safe for use on any exterior car part that you wash with soap and water, and works with any traditional clay bar or synthetic rubber clay bar substitute. Choose Chemical Guys Clay Luber to restore a smooth-as-glass feel and extra shine with every clay bar service.
How To Use:
- Wash vehicle well to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Mist a 2’ x 2’ area generously with Chemical Guys Luber Clay Bar Lubricant.
- Break off ⅓ of the clay bar, form it into a patty, then glide it back and forth across the surface.
- The clay bar will grab the surface initially.
- This grabbing indicates that the clay is removing contamination.
- Continue rubbing gently until the clay glides freely.
- Buff each completed section dry with a microfiber towel.
- Before moving to the next section, inspect the clay.
- If it appears soiled, fold the clay and use a clean portion to clean the next section.
- If you drop the clay or it becomes completely soiled, discard the clay bar and continue with a fresh piece of the clay bar.
- Decontaminate any exterior surface that is shiny or clear.
- Clear optical plastics
- Polished Metals
- Finish by sealing the clean and smooth surfaces with your favorite Chemical Guys vehicle coating, synthetic sealant, or natural carnauba wax.