Bilt Hamber Korrosol 1 Liter | 33.8oz Iron and Fallout Remover
Bilt Hamber Laboratories premium car care products from THE UK are now available in the USA at The Clean Garage!
- Korrosol is a ferrous metal and fallout remover, commonly called an iron remover.
- It is a PH balanced safe and effective cleaner of embedded metallic particles that contaminate the vast majority of vehicles on the road.
- Korrosol’s effective formula is simply sprayed onto any cool painted surfaces on your vehicle.
- Allow it to dwell for up to 2 minutes or until you see a deep red color, which indicates Korrosol’s reaction with contamination is complete.
- Power wash or rinse thoroughly with plenty of water.
- Pro Tip: Iron removers smell bad so be prepared.
- Korrosol should be used approximately every 6 months, you will start notice even after washing your vehicle you will steel feel contaminants or a grittiness on the surface, this is when it is time to use Korrosol.
A controlled pH non-alkaline fallout remover for the safe and effective removal of embedded metallic particles that contaminate the vast majority of road going vehicles.
You may not have noticed by looking at your paintwork, but next time it’s washed and clean lightly feel the paintwork, especially the horizontal panels; bonnet, boot lid, roof etc. Very gently with finger tip touch you’ll be able to feel a rough grittiness. You may well think this is dust landed from the air – it’s not. Airborne metallic particles liberated by braking surfaces, such as pads and discs fill the air along our roads. When the car in front of you brakes, your car travels through these hot metalic particles and they are left embedded in your paintwork.
How these particles destroy paint films
Here they react with rainwater or air moisture and begin to corrode. The corrosion product (rust) occupies four times the space of iron, and the paint is slowly ruptured around the embedded particle. This action destroys both the aesthetic and protective qualities of the vehicle finish.
Fast and effective... simply wash away
While harsh acids such as phosphoric and oxalic acids maybe use with good effect to remove the contamination, these acids to not discriminate between corrosion and good steel, not even paint films themselves, so while the particle is removed and base metals or coatings can also be attacked.
korrosols effective formula is simply sprayed onto the contaminated panel a rapid and dramatic colour change takes place which indicates that the corroded part is water soluble after which a rinse with water leaves the panel free of metallic embedment.
korrosol is safe to use on all auto body paint finishes including lacquers.