Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel 5 Liter | Non Acid Wheel Rim Cleaner 169oz
Bilt Hamber Laboratories premium car care products from THE UK are now available in the USA at The Clean Garage!
- Auto-Wheel is a PH balanced, reactive, non-acid wheel cleaner that requires minimal to no agitation.
- Your wheels are bombarded by hot particles from braking surfaces which melt into the finish making them very difficult to clean.
- Acid based wheel cleaners attack these particles but can also harm the finish of your wheels. Auto-Wheel uses a unique chelating process which renders these embedded iron particles water-soluble, this highly effective process is much safer for the finish on your wheels as well as any protective coating that has been applied to them.
- Auto-Wheel is currently available in 1 liter and 5 liter sizes from The Clean Garage.
To use Auto-Wheel:
- Spray liberally on to a cool, dry wheel.
- Allow to dwell for about 2 minutes or until you see a deep red color, which indicates Auto-Wheel’s reaction with contamination is complete.
- Agitation with a soft wheel brush may be necessary for heavily contaminated wheels.
- Power wash or rinse thoroughly with plenty of water.
Auto-Wheel is not required every wash, if you properly maintain your vehicle your standard auto shampoo can be used to clean your wheels in between heavy cleanings, we suggest using Auto-Wheel only when brake dust has built up on your wheels.
auto-wheel is a non-acid, non-alkaline alloy wheel cleaner, and in most cases, no agitation is required.
In most cases steel and alloy wheels are either lacquered or painted. These coatings protect the metallic surface from corrosion and provide attractive finishes to automotive road wheels.
As vehicles brake, the dust generated from pads, discs and drums is at elevated temperatures. Amongst this hot cloud are thousands of hot metallic particles. These bombard the wheels finish and effectively embed themselves there.
Once lodged these particles are extremely difficult to remove. Acid based alloy wheel cleaners attack these metal particles effectively, reducing their size and allowing the particles and clinging dirt to escape. Caustic alloy cleaners are less effective than acid ones on brake dust, but can attack organic coatings such as lacquers and paints on short exposure, they attack any organic matter accumulated around the embedded particles and produce a seemingly clean surface, however with continued use they will dull and diminish the coating, leaving a wheel surface that needs refinishing.
The more effective and safe to use auto-wheel works in an entirely different way, and has proved itself by winning yearly independent tests conducted by the UK’s biggest selling automotive magazine! Most recently in 2017 when we were up against both powerful acid and alkaline cleaners. - See the test here!
auto-wheel’s formulation reacts with the oxidising surface of the metallic particles, rendering it water soluble. The rapid removal of this microscopically rusted surface reduces the embedded particle size and releases the particles from the surface. Unlike acid based alloy wheel cleaners, this method is harmless to the wheel’s finish. The reaction can be observed by a rapid colour change from clear to deep red. After a simple hose, rinse down or jetwash, it leaves the wheel spotless. In severe cases, the included wheel brush can be used to assist the process.
How To Use:
- Spray auto-wheel liberally onto your wheels.
- Avoid directly spraying the centre caps of the wheels.
- Wait for the colour changing reaction, normally 3-5 minutes depending on level of contamination.
- Now simply wash the wheel down with a hose or jetwash.
5000ml (169.1 FL OZ)
* Clean Garage Tip: With a 5 Liter you get 41.1 ounces more than you do a Gallon